IN DELAND, FL
What is Microneedling?
Microneedling first appeared in 1995 as a treatment for repairing surgical scarring and has evolved into a popular cosmetic treatment that is now hailed by celebrities, social media influencers, and beauty bloggers.
Compared to other treatments, microneedling is convenient, cost-effective, and efficacious. As we age, the collagen structures within our skin begin to deteriorate, and the body’s ability to produce proteins collagen and elastin declines. These proteins are responsible for maintaining elasticity and moisture in soft tissue, including the skin. When the body’s content of these proteins begins to decline, issues such as fine lines and wrinkles, sagging, and loss of volume begin to appear.
Microneedling Before & Afters
How It Works
What To Expect
How Does Microneedling Work?
Microneedling with the SkinPen is a minimally invasive cosmetic procedure in which a tool is used to create multiple small wounds throughout the treatment area.
This process prompts the body’s natural healing mechanism to replace old, damaged tissue with new, collagen-rich tissue. Replenishing lost collagen and elastin to achieve a more youthful appearance, or to repair tissue damage such as scarring or other textural problems. Microneedling may also be used in combination with other skin rejuvenating treatments for magnified results. Microneedling can be performed all over the body and offers progressive, natural-looking results.
Benefits of SkinPen Microneedling
- Shrinks pores
- Improves skin texture
- Can be performed all over the body
- Recovery is quick due to the fact that each of the punctures is surrounded by undamaged skin
- Improves elasticity
- Reduces hyperpigmentation
- Repairs scars (including acne scars)
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
Recovery After Microneedling
Microneedling does not require any downtime and clients may be able to apply makeup the following day. The treated skin may be red, swollen, or flaky following treatment, but these issues should subside within a few days. It is important to protect the skin from sun exposure while it’s healing to prevent sun damage.
Your Microneedling Results
While most clients notice a difference immediately after treatment, full results will take about 4 to 6 weeks to appear. Depending on your needs, several treatments may be needed to achieve the best results. For many clients, this means 2 or 3 total treatments while others may need as many as 6. Microneedling treatments should be spaced 8 to 12 weeks apart. Results are temporary but can be maintained with quarterly treatments.
Consultation for Microneedling in DeLand, FL
Schedule an appointment with A Younger You Med Spa to discuss if microneedling is right for you!
What to Expect From Microneedling
When you arrive for your microneedling appointment, the treatment area should be clear of makeup, skincare products, or sunscreen. First, a topical anesthetic will be applied to the treatment and allowed to sit until the area is sufficiently numb.
- After this, the skin will be thoroughly cleaned to prevent any contaminants from being spread and injected into surrounding tissue.
- Next, the needling begins. For facial microneedling, your aesthetician will begin the treatment in the forehead area and gradually work toward the lower portions of the face. You may experience some tenderness, but the treatment should be bearable. The depth of the needles will be adjusted to suit the different areas of the face. Areas in which the skin is more delicate will not be treated as deeply as areas in which the skin is thicker. During this part of the process, it is important to note that although the punctures are microscopic, you can expect some bleeding.
- After microneedling is complete, a serum will be applied to the treatment area. You may be able to feel your skin soaking up the serum via the channels created during microneedling. This increased absorption of topical treatments will continue for several days and will amplify the efficacy of your at-home skincare routine. From beginning to end, treatment can take 30 to 60 minutes depending on the area being treated.
Who is a good candidate for microneedling?
Microneedling is safe for all skin tones. Microneedling should not be performed on anyone who is pregnant or nursing, or who has an active skin infection, skin infection, or other skin conditions. Microneedling should also be avoided by anyone with poor wound healing or a history of keloid scars.
What should be done after treatment?
Following your microneedling treatment, you should apply sunscreen every 4 to 6 hours for 72 hours. Skincare products containing retinol or glycolic acid should be avoided for 2 to 3 days. Makeup should be avoided for the first 24 hours.
Can microneedling be performed at home?
It is risky to perform microneedling at home due to the risk of infection. At-home dermal rollers are not regulated by the FDA, and there is no way to guarantee their safe use. At-home dermal rollers are also not as effective as the tools used by professionals.