IN DELAND, FL
At A Younger You Med Spa in DeLand we offer non-invasive cosmetic treatment options for a wide variety of skin-related issues, with Spectrum laser treatments.
Treatments are effective, convenient, and require minimal to no downtime. Allow us to help you achieve the rejuvenated appearance you dream of without the downtime, cost, or physical toll of surgery.
SPECTRUM Before & Afters
Tribella Before & Afters
VIVA SKIN RESURFACING Before & Afters
VIVA ACNE Before & Afters
VIVA Skin Resurfacing
Spectrum IPL Photorejuvenation Treatment
Benign skin lesions can be the result of injury, allergies, infection, chronic diseases as well as aging. At our DeLand medspa Spectrum is offered as an effective and non-invasive method of removing such lesions from the skin. Discoloration associated with such lesions and age spots are erased and the result is more youthful and even-looking skin.
Laser and Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) treatments can alleviate multiple dermatologic conditions. The Spectrum delivers wavelength specific pulses of energy to the desired treatment area. Discomfort is minimal and is usually compared to the “snap of a rubber band”. Multiple treatments may be required to achieve your desired result. The spectrum is safe, effective, and can be applied to most skin types. Consult with your physician or skin care specialist about the right treatment for you.
Who is the Best Candidate for Spectrum IPL Photorejuvenation Treatment?
Spectrum’s IPL photorejuvenation treatment is ideal for clients with complaints of wrinkles, photoaging, skin rejuvenation, photo-facials, sun damaged skin, uneven pigmentation, scars, spider veins, vascular lesions, rosacea, acne, and hair reduction. Clients may be unable to receive Photofacial due to pregnancy, breastfeeding, cancer, endocrine disorders, recent surgical procedures, heat-sensitive disease, light-sensitive disease, skin conditions, or implants near the treatment area. Due to the nature of Photofacial technology, clients with darker skin tones may be more susceptible to discoloration as a result of treatment. We strive to provide you with the best Spectrum laser treatment DeLand has to offer, so contact us today to schedule your appointment.
Before, During & After Your IPL Photorejuvenation Treatment
– Before your appointment –
• It is imperative that you avoid significant sun exposure and tanning beds for at least 4 weeks prior to your
• Avoid applying self-tanner for 2 weeks prior to treatment.
• Avoid aspirin and Ibuprofen for one week prior to your treatment. Inform the doctor if you are taking blood
thinners or regularly take aspirin or ibuprofen.
• Avoid alcohol for 2 days prior to treatment.
• Inform the doctor if have taken Accutane (oral acne medication) in the past year.
– Pre-treatment, day of appointment –
• If possible, arrive without creams or make-up on the treatment area. Otherwise please arrive 10 minutes prior
to your appointment in order to clean the skin. Cleansing products are available for your convenience.
• Allow approximately 45 minutes for your appointment depending on the size of the treatment area.
• Pre-treatment photos will be taken.
• Just prior to treatment, you will be given eye shields or glasses to wear to protect your eyes.
– How does it feel? –
During the procedure, people may feel a pinching sensation. Some individuals have described this as a feeling
similar to an elastic band being “snapped” on the skin. Sensation is moderate and very tolerable.
– How long does a treatment take? –
Average treatment takes approximately 30-45 minutes.
– What to expect? –
• Your skin may be temperature sensitive for several days after treatment. Brown spots and freckles will appear
darker while healing.
• It should take 4-6 weeks to see the full result and 2-3 treatments may be required to achieve an optimum
• The sessions are designed to provide no downtime however, occasionally you may find that your cheeks
and under eye areas are slightly puffy after treatment. You may use cold compresses (5 minutes on and 10
minutes off) several times an hour to help ease both redness and swelling.
• Sleeping with your head elevated for the first night will also help decrease any swelling you may experience.
• Redness around the treated area for a few hours to days.
• Freckles and age spots may darken for three to seven days before starting to fade.
• Skin flaking for up to 10 days.
• Minor bruising that may last two weeks or less.
– What to avoid after IPL –
• No hot showers for 48 hours.
• For 2 days after a treatment avoid taking aspirin, Ibuprofen, drinking alcohol, heavy exertion and activities
which may cause skin flushing.
• Avoid harsh topical products such as retinols and glycolic acid products for one week after each session.
• Avoid direct sunlight on the treated area and use a sunscreen with SPF 30 or greater for 4 to 6 weeks after
• No swimming for a week, especially in pools with chemicals such as chlorine.
• No strenuous exercise for 48 hours. You can hit the gym after about 2 days post-therapy.
• No hot tubs or Jacuzzis for 48 hours.
• Avoid activities that cause excessive perspiration for 24 hours.
• Do not pick at or remove any loosening or peeling skin.
• No electrolysis, facial waxing, or depilatories (hair removal products) for 14 days after a treatment.
– Post-treatment –
• Use mild cleansers and moisturizers.
• Avoid Aspirin, Ibuprofen, alcohol, heavy exertion and activities which may cause flushing for 2 days after
• Avoid harsh topical products such as retinols and glycolic acid products for one week after.
• Avoid direct sunlight on the treated area and use a broad-spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreen of SPF 30 or greater
for 4 -6 weeks after your treatment.
• Anticipate some social downtime following your treatment.
Viva Skin Resurfacing
For many of us, ideal skin is smooth, even, and flawless. Common issues such as enlarged pores, scars, and other conditions affecting our skin’s texture can make this difficult to achieve. Luckily, Viva skin resurfacing offers an effective and convenient solution to these concerns.
Viva improves the appearance of textural skin conditions such as acne scars and other scars, rosacea, uneven skin texture, enlarged pores, dyschromia, and pigmentation irregularities. A very precise amount of energy is delivered to each pin, measured to excite faster wound-healing, resulting in uniform post-treatment tissue appearance, and leaves you with lower downtimes than most other devices.
Who can benefit from Viva skin resurfacing treatment?
Patients who can be most effectively served with Viva skin resurfacing generally seek to eliminate textural or tone-related flaws in the skin such as scars, enlarged pores, or hyperpigmentation.
Issues that may prevent clients from receiving this treatment include pregnancy, breastfeeding, immune disorders, skin disorders, electrical implant, or recent surgical or injectable treatments. It is important to discuss your medical history, current medications, and any other medical concerns with us prior to treatment. Viva skin resurfacing is safe and effective for all skin tones.
What to Expect During Your Viva Skin Resurfacing Treatment
Viva skin resurfacing treatment is convenient and effective, lasting only 15 to 30 minutes. A topical anesthetic is used for Viva treatment. Clients will experience some mild heat during treatment, which will feel similar to a sunburn. Three treatments spaced one month apart are generally needed to achieve optimal results.
After Viva Skin Resurfacing
Although downtime is minimal compared to other skin resurfacing methods, Viva skin resurfacing does require some time to heal. Some redness, swelling, and sloughing of skin can be expected for three to five days. Makeup and the application of skincare products should be avoided for at least the first 24 hours. Exercise and heat (including hot baths) should be avoided for at least 48 hours following treatment.
Viva Skin Resurfacing Results
Due to the effects of Viva skin resurfacing on the body’s collagen production, skin appearance and texture will continue to improve for months following treatment. Re-treatment may be recommended at six months in order to maintain results.
TriBella combines three dynamic and effective facial therapies into a single treatment session. This “three in one” treatment approach simultaneously improves skin tone, tightness and texture, producing fast and long-lasting results. TriBella uses state-of-the-art technology to provide the most comprehensive non-surgical facial treatment you will find.
How does TriBella work and what are its advantages?
Each high-intensity, non-invasive TriBella treatment session takes about an hour and a half. Post-treatment downtime typically ranges from three to five days. Three TriBella treatments, separated by four to five weeks, are recommended for optimal results. Makeup should not be worn the day following an appointment.
TriBella combines the use of three separate energy applicators with three separate purposes. The SR Intense Pulse Light (IPL) applicator uses intense pulsed light to reduce skin discoloration, age spots, sun damage, acne, and loose skin tone.
The DiamondPolar applicator combats the effects of aging by promoting blood flow and increasing your skin’s production of collagen and elastin fibers. This applicator erases fine lines, smooths wrinkles, firms your skin, and restores facial elasticity.
Finally, the NanoFractional IF applicator is used for skin resurfacing. The applicator sends energy underneath the top layer of your facial skin to correct uneven skin texture, reduce scars and pores and reduce rosacea.
Is TriBella for everyone? What results can you expect?
You should not receive TriBella treatments if you have an infection in the treatment areas. Inform your aesthetic specialist at A Younger You during your consultation if you have had or plan to have surgery on your face or neck. TriBella is non-surgical, requiring no incisions. You may have some mild discomfort as a result of skin resurfacing, but many patients describe TriBella treatment sessions as “relaxing.”
You’ll see impressive results following your last treatment regimen, but the full benefits of TriBella will be on glorious display about three months after your last session. The cost of your TriBella treatment plan will vary from patient to patient according to the number of treatment sessions needed. Since TriBella is a cosmetic procedure, it will not be covered by your medical insurance.
A Younger You Med Spa
A Younger You Med Spa offers expert esthetician services and unsurpassed luxury and comfort. Allow us to provide you with a custom, personal treatment experience as we help you realize a younger you. For more information about the facial treatment procedures we offer at our DeLand, FL location please contact us. Serving all of Volusia County including Daytona Beach, Deltona, and Orange City, FL.